This is a historic weak yen. Let's go to Japan! !

Have you ever heard of Lily Marlene?



 Have you ever heard the song "Lily Marlene"?


It's been 75 years since the end of the war, but there is one song in particular that Germans will never forget


Isn't it Lily Marlene?


A soldier, a soldier in Germany, England, and France, during World War II, would say


It is said to be a song.


I used to have a record of this Lily Marlene sp evening sung by Marlene Dietrich and


I listened to the song every day and hummed it to myself.


At first, I didn't have a translation and didn't understand the meaning of the lyrics, but one day I found the meaning of the translated lyrics and started to sing along.


I found out that it's a song about love. It's a little bit in between battles and battles in the extremes of war.


I think it's a bit of a sad song that I sang while singing it and thinking about the wife and lover I left behind in my country.


There are many singers on YouTube who have sung this Lily Marlene song, so I've never heard it before.


If you don't have it, please give it a listen.


This song was sung in wartime, but to me, it is a song about soldiers who want peace and want to return home after the war.


I think the feelings are painfully apparent in this song.


So that's it for today's blog.


Tomorrow's blog will be about the life of Edith Piaf, the famous French chanson singer.


I'd like to write about it.


I hope you'll come back to my blog


You and I have been thinking together about the same subject.


If only I could share the same time and space with you.


How wonderful!


I look forward to seeing you again.


See you then!



Here's to your eyes!



As Time Goes By




にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

人気ブログランキング

応援よろしくお願いします!!
Thank you for your support!!

英語以外の外国語新聞 (Foreign Language Newspapers (other than English))
Deutschsprachige Zeitung   Die Daily News Show mit den besten Freunden
Journal de langue française     Le Daily News Show avec les meilleurs amis 
   Periódico en español       El Daily News Show con los mejores amigos
 русскоязычная газета        Шоу ежедневных новостей с лучшими 




(Lily Marlene English Lyrics)

In front of the barracks,

In front of the big gate

Stand a lantern.

And is it still standing in front of it,

So we want to meet again there,

By the lantern we want to stand

Like once, Lili Marleen.


Our two shadows

Cream like one.

That we loved each other so much,

You could see that right away.

And all people shall see it,

When we stand by the lantern

Like once, Lili Marleen.


Already the guard called:

They blew the curfew,

It can cost three days.

Comrade, I'll be right there.

So we said goodbye

How I'd love to go with you

With you, Lili Marleen.


She knows your steps,

Your beautiful walk,

Every evening it burns,

But she long forgot me.

And if I should suffer,

Who will stand by the lantern

With you, Lili Marleen?


From the quiet room,

From the earth ground

Lifts me like in a dream

Your mouth in love.

When the late mists turn,

I will stand by the lantern

Like once, Lili Marleen.


Comments