This is a historic weak yen. Let's go to Japan! !

It brings back memories of war!

I was not in the war, but August 6, August 9, and August 15 were the days of the atomic bombings and the end of the Pacific War.

What was waiting for Japan, which opened up the country after the Meiji era from its seclusion, was the division of the world by the Western powers, and China was defeated in the war against Britain and was made a colony of many countries, so Japan gradually expanded its control under the policy of wealth and strength and found a way to survive on the continent in preparation for invasion by other countries.
I think you can say that. This is something that everyone learns in history textbooks, so I think everyone is familiar with it.

In Oita Prefecture, where I am from, there is a shrine called "Kaiten Shrine" in Hiji. In that shrine there is an object on display that commemorates a particular history.

It is a human torpedo called "KAITEN".


Younger people today don't know this, but during the war, Japan made a weapon called the "suicide attack".

There are many types of suicide weapons, and I will only talk about the Kaiten here.

As the war worsened, and the gradual reversal of the Allied offensive began, Japan had a dearth of weapons to fight with, and people themselves.

They began to use the warfare method of hitting the enemy in the body as a weapon.

The human torpedo rotation has been modified inside the torpedo to allow one human inside, and when fired from the submarine

At the same time, they were maneuvering in the torpedoes and assaulting enemy ships.

That torpedo is now on display in this shrine.

The purpose of the torpedo on display here is not to glorify the war, but to show that if the young soldiers don't go to their deaths

I look back on those days when the submarine did not, and I do not want to repeat the same tragedy again.

Once launched from a submarine, there is no coming back.

I wonder what those young soldiers were thinking about and dying for before they were launched and rushed into the enemy ship.

Every time I go to this shrine, I think about it, and my heart feels crushed and painful.

The young soldiers, still in their teens and twenties, may have had families, wives and naive children.

In a corner of the shrine, there is a display of letters that the soldiers wrote to their families. Thinking of their parents, thinking of their children.

Thinking of his sick family, he doesn't really want to die, but he wants to go to them immediately and hug them.

There was also a letter that said, "I don't know what to do. I can't say anything else. I can't see anything anymore. I'm in tears and I can't do anything.

There is none. I have a strong feeling that such a tragedy should never be repeated and that the war should not be allowed to fade away.

With a hug, I left the revolving shrine.


Gradually, I think there is a danger that Japan's war will become a page in the history books and we will go back to the past when the people who experienced it are no longer around.

I love Japan. I love Japan and I will do whatever it takes to protect my country and my family. Japan's history and traditions must be passed on forever.

However, Japan is now facing many difficulties, and there are many difficult international issues with neighboring countries, such as territorial and territorial sea disputes. War must be deterred, but it's not an easy thing for one country to solve alone.

We want to realize our sincere desire to solve problems peacefully without fighting with weapons and to create a brighter future.

Farewell to Arms! We hope that the time has come that we will be able to

On the upcoming August 6, August 9 and August 15, let's have the whole nation in prayer!

Prayers for peace!

 
This is essentially a cat blog, but I have an important day coming up for Japan, so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


人気ブログランキング
応援よろしくお願いします!!
Thank you for your support!!



Comments